The past decade has seen the sudden, dramatic appearance of community spaces offering public, shared access to high-end manufacturing equipment. These spaces are interchangeably referred to as hackerspaces, makerspaces, TechShops, and FabLabs. This can lead the intended audience to become incredibly confused as to why there might be so many names for a single concept. I'd like to take some time to untangle the mess, explain the concepts behind each title, and talk about why I now make significant distinctions between all of these types of spaces.
Free Digital Copy!
- Join @Club_Workshop for their potluck holiday party! bit.ly/1clG554 6 hours ago
- MAKE your own phone! bit.ly/IsGCrf 1 day ago
- Shop handMADE! http://t.co/rt5OFcvP4H 2 days ago
- RT @MakerShed: ENDS TODAY: If free U.S. shipping on #3Dprinters, #drones + #robots is your thing, today is your day. bit.ly/187TU2p… 2 days ago
- Amazing Urban Farming Unit bit.ly/1ce3buo 4 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Makers! http://t.co/ynKCodSP7l 5 days ago
NoCo Mini Maker Instagram